Christopher B. Forehand, P.E.
Chris, a lifelong resident of Bay County, graduated from Florida State University with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering in 1997. He joined Preble-Rish, Inc. (PRI) Consulting Engineers & Surveyors (now Dewberry) after graduating and worked there until 2012. During his tenure at PRI, Chris advanced to the role of Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. In collaboration with four others, he successfully purchased the company from its original founders. Chris played a crucial role in managing the firm’s complex and large-scale projects. Under his leadership, the company grew from 45 to 120 employees by expanding surveying services and securing multiple continuing services contracts from municipalities and counties throughout the Southeast. Additionally, Chris spearheaded PRI’s expansion into new markets by establishing offices in Baldwin County, AL, Monticello, FL, Blountstown, FL, and Lake City, FL.
In 2012 Chris decided to fulfill his lifelong dream of sole ownership and sold his stock in PRI to the remaining partners. Over the next two years, he established his own firm, CBF Consulting Engineers, attracting new clients while maintaining strong relationships with those he had serviced since the beginning of his career. In 2014, Chris merged CBF Consulting Engineers with Panhandle Engineering, owned solely by Jim Slonina, who served as President. This strategic merger aimed to enhance both firms’ presence in the Northwest Florida market. Chris made significant contributions to Panhandle Engineering, expanding the company’s staff from 5 to 26 employees and achieving a 700% increase in sales. In addition, he secured 14 continuing services contracts, reinforcing the firm’s growth. Chris played a key role in infrastructure improvements for various private and public projects, particularly those associated with the ongoing recovery efforts from Hurricane Michael.
In 2023, Chris became the majority stockholder and President of Panhandle Engineering. His primary focus remains on expanding the firm’s governmental client base, promoting large master planned developments, and leading the team in delivering exceptional service and client satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Florida State University
- Associate in Arts Degree – Pre-Engineering
Gulf Coast Community College
- Professional Engineer-State of Alabama No.32885-E
- Professional Engineer-State of Georgia No. PE037204
- Professional Engineer-State of Florida No.58028
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Florida Rural Water Association (FRWA)
- Florida Engineering Society (FES)
- Bay County Chamber of Commerce
- FSU College of Engineering Advisory Board (Panama City Campus)
- Bay County League of Cities (Associate Member)
- Lynn Haven Planning Board Member (2009 Chairman)(2006-2010)
- Panama City Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Northwest Florida League of Cities
- Northwest Florida Beaches Int’l Airport Board Member(2010-2016)
- Jr. Achievement Board
- Country Club Harbour Estates HOA Board Member
- Multiple local School Sports Booster Clubs
- Seminole Boosters Board of Directors
- FSU Bowden’s Society Member
- Seminole Boosters Platinum Chief Donor